Every Sunday until January 28, 2018
10:00am – 11:30amCategory: Series
Imprisoned in Rome, any momement could have been Paul's last.
Alone. In chains. Contemplating a life poured out for the sake of the Gospel.
In the midst of it all, Paul wrote. He wrote to his protege in the faith, Timothy. He assured him: "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Tim. 4:6). And even in his final days, Paul's utmost concern was that those who called Jesus Savior and Lord would stand.
Chaos abounded across the Roman empire. Persecution was on the rise and would soon peak in the destruction of Jerusalem. Jew and Christian alike had targets on their backs. Apostasy was becoming an easy way out. As Paul pens his final letter you get a sense of the urgency, the passion, and the conviction. Though he would soon be gone, he was passing the torch on to Timothy, and to other leaders in God's church. His utmost desire? That they would not waver and not be ashamed.
He desired that they guard the gospel deposit in them.
He desired that they be strengthened by grace and the unbound Word of God.
He desired that they be faithful to and set apart for God.
He desired that they be ready - to preach, to fight, to finish...
And to STAND.
Join us this fall as we journey through the New Testament book of 2 Timothy!
- October 1: If You Want to Leave a Legacy, Lift up the Gospel
- October 8: Stoke the Fire, Live Unashamed!
- October 15: Pay Attention to the Pattern
- October 22: The Faithful are Focused
- October 29: You Won't Stand Without Stamina
- November 5: The Faithful are Tongue Tied
- November 19: Holiness is Hard
- November 26: The Faithful Don't Fall for the Fake
- December 3: Live Life On Mission
- December 10: Stand on the Word
- January 14: A Church that Stays Ready is a Church that Stands